Thursday, February 4, 2010

CNN Fact Check: Have it your way

From YOTB's Dru Johnston

(YOTB) - When I go to Burger King I am surrounded by signs saying I am able to have it my way. That is the main claim of their marketing campaign. Yet some say that in fact they have NOT had it their way. Can they back up their advertising?

Fact Check: Does Burger King make burgers your way?

(Get the facts and the bottom line after the jump)
  • Supposedly special orders don't upset them. The young man working behind the counter did not seem upset, certainly, but he seemed definitely irked when I asked him to "hold the pickles, hold the lettuce." I did get it my way however.
  • The burger still wasn't that good.
Bottom Line: Not true. I got it without pickles or lettuce, but the man was irked. Also, "my way" included an edible burger. I did not get that.

No comments:

Post a Comment